Worship Leader (Students)
Job Title: Worship Leader (Students)
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Worship Pastor
FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt (20 hours)
Job Purpose: To lead the congregation of Austin Christian Fellowship into the presence of God via musical praise and worship.
Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead/Co-Lead worship for our weekly Wednesday evening and Sunday morning Student service(s).
- Raise up worshippers to serve in both a leadership (singers) and supportive (musicians) roles within specified designation and in conjunction with departmental Pastoral leadership.
- Attend/lead weekly worship team practice.
- Attend weekly Students staff meeting.
- Serve designated Pastoral leader to execute worship in accordance with the specified ministries’ vision and values.
- Attend weekly one-on-one meeting with Worship Pastor.
- Attend regularly scheduled meeting with Student Pastor
- Assist Worship Pastor via administration, teaching, dreaming, pastoral care, etc.
- Facilitate delegated worship department related functions as needed (i.e. student retreats, student camps, Prayer Hour, Small Groups, Sunday main service, special events, etc.)
- Attend scheduled All Staff meetings.
- Maintain a vibrant spiritual life of devotion to Jesus Christ
- Pursue personal growth via books, teachings, conferences, etc.
- Practice instrument/vocal/songs and prepare for participating services
- Make dedicated time for Bible reading, prayer, and individual worship
- Strong vocals – singing, addressing, & engaging the congregation during worship
- Lead instrumental competency on at least one instrument (guitar/piano); able to read and chart musical arrangements
- Set List generation, service flow, song transitions
- Basic stage management and sound board experience
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Nashville Number System knowledge preferred
- Basic ProPresenter and Planning Center Online knowledge preferred
Skills and Qualifications
- Commitment to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to self- motivate and self-manage with a high level of competency and standards
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful
- Able to lead, mentor & work well with volunteer musicians
- Shepherding skills (lovingly lead, coach and counsel with wisdom and discernment).
Working Conditions: This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical requirements: Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
To apply, please send a resume to Heather Stelling, ACF's Human Resources Manager.