Who We Serve - Galveston Urban Ministries
Philosophy of Ministry:
- Live among the people
- Listen to the needs
- Learn how to empower
- Love deeply
- Engaging relationships with people from all walks of life to share God’s love and blessings for the whole person.
- Equipping resources for churches and the community that will offer opportunities for others to serve.
- Empowering programs that encourage growth holistically (spiritually, emotionally, and physically).
What Galveston Urban Ministries is committed to:
- Listening and responding to the needs of the people through utilizing their assets.
- Developing, initiating, and sustaining strategic, relevant, and innovative ministries.
- Replicating proven urban ministry models that allow effectiveness to be monitored and measured for results.
- Seeking to fill unmet needs without duplicating or competing with existing services or ministries.
- Being wise stewards of resources.
Galveston Urban Ministries is a new partner for ACF. We will be taking multiple trips to Galveston to invest in the ongoing ministry in an area that is desperate for hope, healing, and restoration. It is our purpose to help support this ministry through the resources God has blessed us with. As partners in God's kingdom work we seek to serve this ministry in many different areas and look forward to see how God will use this ministry in the years to come.
For more information on our partner: Galveston Urban Ministries
Josh and Danielle Dorrell are the founders of GUM and they live on the Island with their two kids, Zoe and Zane.